Wow, it’s been a while! Here’s another post just for me, because I can never remember how I fixed this…
Sometimes after a
sudo pihole -up I’m stopped from being able to allow or block domains, and get an angry red error dialog showing
While executing: attempt to write a readonly database Added 0 out of 1 domains.
You need to allow the user or group that nginx is running as, to have write permissions on all the
.db files under
/etc/pihole. In my case, that’s the
www-data group, so I do:
sudo chown -R pihole:www-data /etc/pihole
sudo chmod g+w /etc/pihole/*.db
and that fixes it.
- Patch for aarch64 (aka arm64) openssl 1.0.2 'relocation R_AARCH64_PREL64 against symbol OPENSSL_armcap_P error'
- TIL: the `NO_COLOR` informal standard to suppress ANSI colour escape codes
- Copy the contents of a branch into an existing git branch without merging
- Adding search to a static Jekyll site using pagefind
- asdf, python and automatically enabling virtual envs